Taxi Booking Mobile App Development Cost & Features
There are a variety of features that a taxi booking app can have. Here are some common features:
- User registration and login: Users can create an account and log in to the app to access its services.
- Booking a ride: Users can input their pickup and drop-off locations to request a ride. The app should display the estimated time of arrival and fare for the ride.
- Payment options: The app should allow users to make payments using various payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, or mobile wallets.
- Rating and review system: Users should be able to rate and review their experience with the app and its drivers.
- Real-time tracking: The app should allow users to track the location of their assigned driver in real time.
- Fare calculation: The app should calculate the fare for the ride based on factors such as distance traveled, time is taken, and any applicable surge pricing.
- In-app communication: The app should allow users to communicate with the driver through an in-app messaging feature.
- Driver management: The app should have a feature for managing drivers, such as a dashboard for tracking their availability and earnings.
- Ride history: The app should keep a record of past rides for users to review.
- Promo codes and discounts: The app can offer promotional codes and discounts to users to encourage them to use the service.
Taxi Booking Mobile App Development Cost
The cost of developing a taxi booking app can vary significantly depending on a number of factors, including the complexity of the app, the number of features included, and the platform (e.g., iOS, Android, or both).
On average, you can expect to pay around $50,000 to $100,000 for a basic taxi booking app with a limited number of features. This cost can increase significantly if you want to include more advanced features such as real-time tracking, in-app communication, and a driver dashboard.
Generally, the cost of developing a taxi booking app can range from a few thousand dollars to over $100,000. It is important to carefully consider the requirements of the app and to get quotes from multiple development teams to get an accurate estimate of the cost.
Other costs to consider include ongoing maintenance and updates, hosting fees, and any third-party fees for services like Google Maps Api, and Twilio.Stripe, such as payment processing or mapping.
It’s worth noting that these costs are just rough estimates and can vary significantly depending on your specific requirements. It’s always a good idea to get quotes from multiple development companies to get a more accurate idea of the cost.